Hyperpigmentation can be distressful. Those dark patches on one’s face are signs of pigmentation. Pigmentation is on account of the accelerated production of melanin in one’s skin. Home remedies, skin pigmentation disorders can be treated by simple home remedies that can be prepared at home.
There are several reasons for hyperpigmentation, and sun exposure is one. Sun exposure can indeed cause rapid multiplication on melanocytes (melanin-containing cells). Other common reasons are genetics, hormonal changes, allergic reactions, certain hair removal practices, and abrupt weight gain.
These are the best home remedies:
1. Apple Cider Vinegar To The Rescue
How to prepare?
1. Mix 1 tbsp of Apple Cider Vinegar with 2 tbsp of Water
2. Apply the mixture to affected areas
3. Rinse with lukewarm water after 5 minutes of application
4. Repeat twice a day till pesky dark patches disappear
2. Red Onions For Fairer Skin
Hyperpigmentation does occur due to the oxidization of melanocytes. Since Red Onions contain Vitamin C, a well-known anti-oxidant, they are useful to treat hyperpigmentation.
1. Cut a slice of the red onion
2. Rub onto the affected area
3. Wash off with lukewarm water after 10 mins
4. Repeat twice a day until you see a difference
3. Papaya on the Face
The enzyme known as papain is the key exfoliator and has properties that help break down those dark patches.
1. Grate medium-sized papaya and squeeze it.
2. Apply the juice to the affected areas and then leave on for 10-15 minutes
3. Repeat daily for a month or until you see a change
Such simple home remedies, skin pigmentation disorders can do wonders do one’s skin.
4.Mixture Of Almond And Milk
Hyperpigmentation can be both the cause for as well as the result of dry skin. Almonds contain fatty acids that restore the nutrients to one’s skin making it plump and healthy. Milk, on the other hand, has lightening and brightening properties that help get rid of pigmentation.
1. Soak a handful of almonds in raw milk overnight
2. Use the concentrated almond milk and then apply directly to one’s skin
3. Rinse with warm water after 10-15 minutes
4. Repeat daily for 3-4 weeks. One will then see brighter, more hydrated skin
5. Vitamin E To Banish Pigmentation
Vitamin E neutralizes the effects of UV radiation and repairs skin. One is aware that the sun’s harmful UV rays are the cause of expedited melanin production.
1. Puncture 2-3 Vitamin E capsules and pour the contents out into a bowl that contains 2-3 drops of castor oil
2. Apply the content to the pigmented areas and leave overnight
3. Rinse off in the am with lukewarm water
4. Repeat 2-3 times a week
6.Skin Lightening Raw Potato
The enzyme called catecholase, which potatoes possess in abundance, does slow down and restricts the production of pigments in certain areas.
The remedy is extremely simple:
1. Cut a raw potato in half, add a few drops of water to it
2. Directly apply to the affected area
3. Rub in circular motions for 3-4 minutes
4. Rinse with lukewarm water
5. Repeat 2-3 times a week, for a month to see visible results
It is indeed good to make use of the above-mentioned home remedies, skin pigmentation disorders cure. Here you can read about How To Use Castor Oil for Skin Pigmentation?
Trying out these simple home remedies for hyperpigmentation instead of pricey potions is better. It is also better to visit a dermatologist to understand the reason for the pigmentation prior to starting the use of these home remedies.