Yoga to lose belly fat fast can be practiced for toning up the body. Opting for yoga for belly fat for beginners does help to shape up. People opt for yoga to keep healthy.
Improper lifestyle, unhealthy eating habits, lack of exercise, and high stress levels cause flabby tummy. Yoga to lose belly fat fast is helpful.
Table of Contents
1. Tadasana (Mountain Pose)
Tadasana improves the circulation of blood.
How to Do
- Stand with one’s feet flat, heels slightly spread out, and the big toes of one’s feet in contact with each other. Keep the spine erect with hands on both sides and palms facing one’s body.
- Stretch the hands to the front and bring the palms close to each other.
- Inhaling deeply, stretch the spine. Raising one’s folded hands up above the head, stretch as much as is possible.
- Try lifting the ankles and standing on one’s toes, with the eyes facing the ceiling. If it is not possible to stand on the toes, then keep the feet flat on the ground, while the eyes face the ceiling.
- Breathe normally and hold the pose for 20 to 30 seconds.
- Inhale deeply, and while exhaling, slowly relax and bring the feet back to the floor.
2. Surya Namaskar (Sun Salutation)
Surya Namaskar is a confluence of twelve yoga positions, each of which does have a major impact on the entire body. The forward and backward bends do allow stretches, while the deep breathing performed during the act does help in detoxification. Practice Surya Namaskar daily in the morning, facing the sun, for reaping the maximum benefits.
How To Do
- Stand with both the feet together, expand the chest, and relax the shoulders.
- As the person inhales, lift both the arms from the sides. And as a person exhales, bring the arms to the front of the chest and keep them in the prayer position.
- Inhale, raise the hands, and stretch backward.
- Exhale, bend forward and try to touch the knees with one’s forehead.
- Bending the left knee, stretch the right leg backward, with the palms placed on the floor.
- Hold the breath and stretch the left leg as well. This is known as the plank posture.
- Come down to the floor holding one’s spine out. The knees, chest, as well as chin, need to be in contact with the floor.
- Inhale, stretch forward, and bend backward.
- Keeping the hands fixed on the floor, exhale and lean forward.
- As a person inhales, the right leg needs to be brought forward, in between one’s elbows, and stretch upwards.
- Bring one’s left leg forward and inhale deeply.
- Stretch back from the waist.
- Return to the initial position.
3. Padahastasana (Standing Forward Bend)
The abdomen does get completely compressed while bending forward, which does lead to the burning of fat. Thus, the compression does help in toning down the tummy.
This is a popular yoga to lose belly fat fast.
How to Do
- Stand in the Tadasana pose, with the hands-on on either side of the body with feet resting together, and heels touching each other.
- Keep the spine erect.
- Inhaling deeply, lift the hand upwards.
- As the person exhales, he or she needs to bend forward for the body to be parallel to the floor.
- Inhale, then exhale, and bend forward completely, with one’s body falling away from the hips.
- Try to touch the floor, with palms straight on the floor, and without bending the knees. Beginners can try touching the toes or just the ankles to start with, working one’s way to the floor.
- Holding the breath, with tummy tuck in and holding the position for 60 to 90 seconds.
- Exhale, leave the toes, and lift the body to come back to the Tadasana pose.
- Repeat the asana about 10 times, with an interval of 10 seconds between two repetition
- Repeat the asana 10 times, while increasing the count gradually. Relax for 10 seconds before attempting the next repetition.
Apart from yoga for belly fat for beginners, other yoga asanas tone up the body.