Why exercising is important is a question that often arises in one’s mind. It is but natural to believe that exercise for good health needs to be followed.
Exercise for good health is important and people need more of it.
Why exercise is important?
- It boosts energy and a person feels more energetic. Exercise provides more energy. The body functions more efficiently.
2. Boosts confidence
Exercise builds confidence. Accomplishing goals boosts morale, and body image improves, self-esteem is better as well as self-worth.
It also improves posture. Thus, exercise for good health is important.
3. Get a better night sleep
- Exercise improves sleep.
- Exercise helps encourage the body’s natural work-rest cycle.
- Exercise during the day aids restful sleep at night.
4. Build Strong Bones
Weight-bearing exercises such as walking, running, dancing, lifting weights, playing basketball, etc do help in increasing bone density.
Exercise does decrease the risk of osteoporosis. Those stronger bones thus can help prevent fractures.
5. Help in Aging More Gracefully
- Exercise helps make aging a less painful process.
- Exercise strengthens the bones and enhances muscle tone, coordination, balance, joint function, as well as flexibility, which is important as a person gets older.
- Exercise makes the mind sharp and lowers the risk of dementia. It helps treat conditions such as arthritis, diabetes, and also heart disease.
- Exercise helps live longer.
6. Improves Brain Health
Brain health improves with exercise. The person’s memory is better and creativity, as well as productivity, improves.
Exercise does help change one’s neural pathways. Exercise can help a person change those old patterns of thought and build new, healthier habits.
7. Strengthen one’s Muscles
- When a person exercises, the muscles get stronger.
- Because of stronger muscles, daily tasks will be easier to do such as carrying groceries, pouring dog food from that huge bag, or vacuuming the stairs.
- It is possible to do more and it will feel less difficult.
- Strengthening one’s muscles, from the core to one’s legs, is also one of the best ways to prevent injuries.
8. Feel Happier
Endorphins are body’s responses to stress. Exercise releases endorphins, thus making a person feel happy.
Exercising does lower the risk of depression, lifts one’s mood, boosts one’s mental health, and alleviates anxiety.
9. Boost one’s Immune System
Chronic inflammation affects the body negatively. More inflammation is due to poor diets or chronic illness.
Exercise can help a person to be sick less often, prevent strokes, reduce the risk of disease, improve heart health, prevent colds, lower cholesterol, lower the risk of certain cancers, lower one’s blood pressure, and lower the risk of diabetes.
10. Reduce One’s Pain
Endorphins dampen the discomfort of pain during and after the workout. And exercise can increase one’s pain tolerance. It helps deal with chronic pain.
11. Improves Skin
Exercise makes skin glow. It makes a person have younger-looking skin.
Exercise increases blood flow and decreases stress. It is possible to minimize the effects of skin conditions such as acne and eczema.
12. Helps Lose Weight
Exercise boosts metabolism, which is good for burning extra calories.
13. Save Money
By taking care of one’s body, preventing diseases, reducing one’s pain, and losing weight, the healthcare costs will be much lower, thus saving lots of money over the years.
14. Strengthen Relationships
Exercise helps bond with people. Exercising is a good way to connect with one’s spouse and one’s kids, too.
15. Alone Time
For an introvert exercise can mean alone time as well.
- For a good night’s sleep.
- It will teach you to make time for “you”.
- To set an example for your kids.
- It makes you strong.
- It feels awesome to climb a flight of stairs without huffing and puffing!
- It is a natural anti-depressant.
- You will be able to run around and play with your kids and their kids.