The health benefits of milk are manifold such as improved bone strength, smoother skin as well as a stronger immune system. It also aids in the prevention of illnesses such as hypertension, dental decay, respiratory problems, dehydration, obesity, osteoporosis and even certain forms of cancer. The beneficial health nutrients obtained from milk are essential for the human body and also helps in preventing a number of chronic ailments.
What is Milk?
Milk is a liquid that mammals do create in their mammary glands in order to feed their little ones. The little one has this milk till their old enough to be strong and fetch their own food. They must be old enough to eat food for themselves or eat what their parents usually eat.
Cow’s milk is indeed considered a very nutritious wholesome supplement for children along with adults. It is also the most accessible, while the milk of other animals such as buffalo, reindeer, goats, sheep, camels, and yak are much more to acquire.
Milk from the horses and donkeys can also be consumed by humans, although this is less common and not pleasant to extract.
Know more about health benefits of milk?
- The health benefits of milk can be achieved from drinking it directly or by consuming dairy products such as cheese, dairy whitener butter, curd, clarified butter or ghee, ice cream, cottage cheese or paneer, flavored milk or even milk sweets.
- It is a staple part of their diet.
- It contains a lot of nutrients such as vitamin A, B12, D calcium, carbohydrates, phosphorous, selenium, magnesium, protein, zinc, and riboflavin.
- Most of the caloric content is in the form of natural sugars.
- These are essential to the overall functioning as well as the health of the body, and also reduces the chances of a number of health deficiencies.
Why should one have milk?
- Milk deficiency can indeed cause severe anemia, osteoporosis as well as other related illnesses.
- The consumption of milk is essential for maintaining good health and also for having the energy and strength to carry out normal activities.
- It is also the best source of calcium for all age groups, which is essential for the healthy growth, functioning, repair as well as durability of the bones and skeletal system.
Health Benefits of Milk
It is an extremely beneficial drink for the health of the human body. Some of the advantages of drinking it are:
- Milk is the best source of calcium for our body.
- It does protect the body from major chronic ailments such as cancer, bone loss, arthritic conditions, migraine headaches, pre-menstrual syndrome as well as obesity in children.
- It also does function as a health aid in losing unwanted fats and also reduces weight.
- Calcium is an essential mineral for the creation of bone matter as well as bone mineral density measurements that do rely on calcium for main support for body growth. It is, in fact, the quickest, least expensive and most readily available source of calcium on the market.
Improves Heart Health
- Reduces cardiovascular diseases and the chances of strokes. Reduces the chances of stroke, atherosclerosis, and cardiovascular diseases.
- The magnesium, as well as potassium content in it, do act as vasodilators, which reduce blood pressure, increases blood flow to vital organs, and also reduce the stress on one’s heart and cardiovascular system. The peptides that are found in it are also believed to inhibit the creation of ACEs, (angiotensin-converting enzymes), which do increase the blood pressure.
- Milk being rich in calcium is essential for growth and the proper development of a strong bone structure.
- Bone disorders such as osteoporosis can be prevented with much daily intake of milk.
- Children deprived of cow’s milk do have an increased chance of suffering from bone fractures when injured.
- Encourage children and youngsters to drink milk that will give them excellent dental health, as it does protect one’s enamel surface against acidic substances.
- Drinking it for energy and health would also reduce the frequency of children consuming soft drinks, thus reducing the risk of bad teeth and weak gums.
- Fluids are part and parcel of the human body, and the body has to be frequently replenished with liquids as they are used up within one’s body.
- Water is essential for growing children and they must also drink at least six to eight glasses of fluid every day.
- Milk does contain a good quantity of water molecules and is also considered the best fluid for rehydration, outside of drinking actual water.
- Water consists of 80% of our body mass, and the balance of fluids in our body is essential.
- Honey and milk preparation is good for the skin.
- The milk solids nourish and smoothen one’s skin.
- The lactic acid present in milk removes dead skin cells, thus rejuvenating one’s skin and keeping it fresh.
- One can drink it straight as it contains Vitamin A.
- Eliminates free radicals which are the dangerous byproducts of cellular metabolism which are responsible for premature aging of the skin thus resulting in wrinkles as well as age spots.
Improving Diet & Vitamin Intake
- Drinking milk considerably does improve one’s intake of vital minerals and vitamins.
- Calcium requirement for the day are met if one drinks a double carton of milk.
- Calcium is essential for proper functioning of the body.
- Consumption of milk products can also help in reducing acidity throughout one’s body.
- Drinking cold milk does provide relief from acidity.
- It contains several vitamins and minerals to keep the body fit, healthy as well as strong.
- Milk contains vitamins A and B which are good for eyesight and also increases red blood cell count, potassium for proper nerve function, carbohydrates for vitality and energy, potassium for proper nerve function, magnesium for muscular function, phosphorous for energy release, and proteins for body repair and growth.
- It also keeps one’s body functioning at a youthful level as one gets older, more so than some other vitamins and minerals.
Intake of milk provides relief to those suffering from colon cancer.
The above are the 10 Incredible Health Benefits of Milk