Insomnia is a sleep disorder in which the individual faces difficulty in falling sleep or staying sleep for longer periods. A good night sleep is very essential to kick start the day, if for any reason a person doesn’t sleep for a night it effects the next day. After a day full of work body needs to rest for a minimum of 5 hrs in the form of sleep to rejuvenate and recharge.
Insomnia is of two types
Acute insomnia- it is short term insomnia and it only lasts for weeks
Chronic insomnia- it is long term insomnia and lasts for long months and years.
- Staying awake for longer hours
- Trouble sleeping and waking up frequently when slept
- Daytime drowsiness
- Lack of concentration and memory
- Loss of appetite
The following are people and habits of people who are prone to insomnia
- Stress- pressure at work place, small tensions cause stress
- Working in shifts which often change, and traveling a lot
- Unpleasant and uncomfortable environment to sleep
- Any recent traumatic experience
- Chronic feelings of trauma, anxiety
- Using medications that effect sleep
- Other health issues that cause sleeplessness
Prevention and cure
- Insomnia can be prevented by following the following.
- Having a proper sleep timings and sticking to that timing.
- Avoiding caffeinated drinks before 6 hrs to the bed time.
- Addiction to alcohol, sleeping pills or any drugs should be avoided.
- Avoid television or laptop for 1-2 hours before sleep.
- Having a balanced diet and exercising helps body to metabolize properly and thereby sleep.
- Sleep in a comfort and cozy bed and environment, don’t use bed for any other work except for sleep.
- Avoid worrying about stuff which is bothering you, if you can solve it try to write down solutions and make a to-do-list and follow it to sort it out, it’s an effective way to solve problems and boost confidence.
- Reasons For Sleeplessness during Summer seasonReasons For Sleeplessness during Summer season
There are many reasons for sleeplessness during summer season. A recent study claims that many people report insomnia mostly during summer […]
- 8 Best Home Remedies For Sweaty HandsSweaty hands are the real put off, & the condition disturbs many of the human beings & affects their personal and social life as well. Most of them are upset and embarrassed by the […]
- Benefits Of Drinking Hot MilkMilk can refresh you and help you to feel relaxed. Let us discuss about certain other benefits of hot milk in this article. Apart from energising you, a cup of hot milk can do lot more to […]
- What Is Sleep Paralysis ?What is sleep paralysis? Well, it is a condition in which the person might not be able to move during the sleep. But the person might feel wide awake and helpless as unable to move.
- 5 Tips To Get Rid Of Yawning5 Tips To Get Rid Of Yawning
Yawning is a part of the normal life, and everyone yawns more or less every day. There can be many reasons for yawning. People usually conclude that yawning […]
- Shocking Reasons Why You Yawn So MuchShocking Reasons Why You Yawn So Much
#shockingreasons #whyyouyawnsomuch #reasonstoyawn
Do you yawn all the time too when you have relaxed for the full night of 8 hours? If you have been […]
- Lifestyle Changes That Can Make You HealthyWhat is certain is that every person has to die but it is not certain that every person lives. Being alive is not enough to give you life. If you want to live a life it had better be a […]
- Gingivitis- a common dental diseaseGingivitis- a common dental disease is gum disease caused by bacteria. It is quite common infection if proper oral hygiene is not maintained. It is a very mild condition which can be […]
- Is Sleeping Too Much Bad?Is Sleeping Too Much Bad?
Is sleeping too much bad? Well, it has certain side effects. But how much sleep is too much of sleep? Well, various factors decide the actual amount of sleep you […]