Hair growth can be a slow process. The months seem to pass with your hair having only a few inches, and before you know it’s time to walk. The damage inflicted by your hair when trying to grow is not easy to treat. And sometimes the thought of giving up and cutting it all seems to be the easiest thing to do. But you do not have to. Natural growth stimulating treatments like spinach can do a lot of good for your hair. Read on to find out more. Read more bout How To Use Spinach For Hair Growth?
Benefits Of Using Spinach For Hair Growth
Most of us grew up watching Popeye pump his guns after swallowing a box of spinach. But did you know that spinach is good for more than just earning unreal strength? The green leafy vegetable has a high nutrient content and is extremely rich in antioxidants. Are spinach good for hair growth? Yes, here are the different ways in which spinach increases hair growth:
Spinach is rich in vitamins K, A, C, B2, B6, B1, E, manganese, zinc, iron and omega-3 fatty acids. These nutrients help nourish your scalp and hair, ensuring healthy hair growth.
The high content of antioxidants in spinach helps to avoid damage caused by hair and increases the health of the scalp.
Vitamins B and C are excellent for promoting healthy hair growth. They increase the growth rate of the hair by increasing the levels of collagen and keratin.
Iron richness helps increase the supply of oxygen to the hair follicles, making sure they stay healthier.
Spinach has anti-inflammatory properties that help soothe an aggravated scalp.
How to Use Spinach for Hair Growth
Now that you know that spinach is an excellent hair ingredient, here’s how you can use it to promote hair growth:
1. Spinach Hair Pack
Spinach Leaves: 1 cup
Honey: 1 tbsp
Carrier Oil (Olive, Coconut, Castor, etc.) : 1 tbsp
- Throw the ingredients into a blender and mix until smooth and homogeneous.
- Apply this paste throughout your scalp and work along the length of your hair.
- Once your hair and scalp are both coated in the spinach mixture, leave it on for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Wash the spinach hair package with cool/warm water and a soft sulphate-free shampoo.
one to two times a week.
How Does It work?
The honey and oil in this package help to seal the nutrients and moisture in your hair, keeping it healthy and without damage. It also helps soothe your scalp and improve circulation in order to stimulate healthy hair growth.
2. Spinach Oil
Spinach: 1/2 cup
Carrier Oil (Olive, Coconut, Castor, etc.)
- Mix half a cup of spinach until smooth.
- Use a cheese cloth to separate the pulp from the juice.
- Mix the pulp with your choice of carrier oil. If you have greasy hair, use a light oil such as jojoba or olive oil. For dry hair, use coconut oil or castor oil.
- Massage the oil into your scalp for 15 minutes, then work the full length of your hair.
- Leave the oil on for an additional 45 minutes.
- Wash the spinach oil with fresh/warm water and a mild sulfate-free shampoo.
two to three times a week.
How Does it work
A spinach and oil massage can help improve blood circulation while clearing your pores and balancing oil production. This helps to improve the health of the scalp for healthy hair growth while conditioning your hair and addressing problems such as dryness or frizz.
3. Spinach Smoothie
Everyone does not like applying spinach to their hair and if you are one of these, here’s a spinach smoothie recipe that you can try. You can not even taste the spinach when mixed with the delicious fruits.
Ripe Banana: 1 Large
Spinach: 1 cup
Papaya : 1 cup
Almond/Coconut Milk : 1 cup
- Cut a cup of papaya and a big banana
- Throw them in a blender and add spinach and almond milk and coconut milk.
- Mix the ingredients until a homogeneous mixture is obtained.
- At what frequency?
- Every morning with breakfast.
How does it works
What you put into your body is just as important as what you put into your hair. For your hair to become strong and healthy, your body needs to be well nourished. The use of topical treatments against spinach in combination with the consumption of this smoothie will ensure that your hair remains healthy to spread as they grow.
Cultivating your hair can be a real test of patience, but with these spinach remedies and smoothie recipe, you can not only promote hair growth but also improve the overall health of your hair and your scalp. Do you know any other ways to use spinach for hair growth? Tell us by leaving a comment below.