In the below article you will find how to make Methi Parata and Ingredients, Instructions to make Methi Parata.
INGREDIENTS to make Methi Parata
- whole-wheat flour : 2 cups
- fenugreek leaves : 1 cup washed and patted dry
- cooking oil : 5 tbsps
- cumin seeds : 1 tsp
- turmeric powder : 1/2 tsp
- red chilli powder : 1/2 tsp
- Salt as required
The above are the Ingredients you need to arrange before going to prepare the Methi Parata.
Instructions to make Methi Parata
- Take the flour, fenugreek, 1 tbsp of cooking oil, cumin seeds, turmeric and red chilli powders and salt into the large mixing bowl.
- Add water, little at a time to this mixture, and knead to form a medium soft, smooth dough. Keep aside for about 30 minutes.
- Divide the dough into ball-sized portions and roll between your hands till they are smooth and without cracks.
- Very lightly flour rolling board or clean counter surface and roll each ball into a circle of 7-8″ diameter i.e., 5-6mm thick. For convenience roll out as many parathas as you like, stacking them, ready to cook with a layer of cling film between each paratha.
- Heat griddle and fry the parathas one at a time like this:
- Put a paratha on the griddle. Do the first flip when you see tiny bubbles rise on the surface of the paratha. As soon as the first flip is done, drizzle a bit of the remaining oil on the top and spread well over the surface of paratha. Flip again in 30 seconds and drizzle oil on this surface too. The paratha is done when both sides are crunchy and golden brown.
- Serve with the chilled yogurt and your favorite pickle or chutney.
The above are the detailed step by step process, how to make Methi Parata. Before making Methi Parata, arrange all the mentioned ingredients.
Prepare it and Enjoy it.