Mango pickle is very popular and is had with several dishes as it is tasty and spicy as well as sweet. People have other dishes to enjoy their taste.There are several ways a mango pickle is made. Each mango pickle tastes differently. It is worth trying out several mango pickle recipes, mango recipes. One can serve mango pickles on any occasion.
1 MANGO PICKLE SOUR AND SPICED
Mango pickle is indeed a robust, sour, spiced and tasty mango pickle aka aam ka achar. This mango pickle does come from mother in law’s Punjabi recipes collection, which is an authentic Punjabi mango pickle recipe and is good. In case of being a pickle lover then one can try out mango pickle with dal, sabzis, and even with the Punjabi kadhi.
2. Spices used in the preparation of mango pickle
1. fenugreek seeds (methi seeds)
2. fennel seeds (saunf)
3. mustard seeds (Sarson – yellow)
4. nigella seeds (kalonji)
5. some folks even add black peppercorns (optional)
3. How to prepare?
It is very easy to make.
Just mix mango pieces, jaggery or sugar, spices & keep everything in sunlight for 3 to 4 days. One can indeed try out various special and tasty mango pickle recipe, mango recipes
✓ later pour mustard oil.
✓ keep in a cool dry place for 3 to 4 days.
✓ done and enjoy the pickle.
2. SWEET & SOUR MANGO PICKLE
Mango pickle recipe can be served in a Punjabi style sweet and sour mango pickle recipe made without oil. this meetha-khatta (sweet & sour) aam ka achar is made with jaggery, nigella seeds and fenugreek seeds which is an easy, simple no-fuss mango pickle without any oil. The sweet and sour mango pickle is indeed excellent with rotis, parathas, stuffed parathas, and even simple dal-rice. One can just have it plain or straight from the jar.
3. TWO WAYS OF MAKING THIS AAM KA ACHAR RECIPE
1. Cook everything together or rather keep the pickle in sunlight for 2 to 3 days.
2. Both ways the jaggery that is used in the pickle thickens a bit. If one cooks then one will get a softer texture of mangoes. In case it is kept in the sun the mangoes will be crisp.
3. If kept in sun the mango pickle for 3 days it can be a sweet, spicy, sour pickle with somewhat crisp mango pieces that have excellent flavor.
4. It is also possible to keep the mango pickle in the refrigerator as no oil is added. No doubt the jaggery and spices do indeed help in preserving the pickle although it is better to keep in the refrigerator. It is important to make sure that the utensils are clean and a clean sterilized bottle to store the mango pickle is made use of.
Another recipe of the mango pickle is:
Do mix everything and keep the pickle mixture in sunlight for 3 to 4 days.
How it can be served?
In the north of India, mango pickle is had with aloo paratha, paneer paratha or any paratha for that matter. Here you can also see Simple Mango Curd Rice Recipe.
Mango pickle is also had as a side condiment in lunch or dinner. It does taste excellent as a side with some dal-rice or curd-rice or for that matter any curry with rice. Even with chapatis and a veg sabzi, mango pickle does taste good. It is also tasty to mix the mango pickle masala with some steamed rice and have it.
Housewives like to please their family with tasty mango pickle recipe, mango recipes.