Table of Contents
Remedies to Treat Underarm Darkness
The skin in the underarm area is rather sensitive, making it vulnerable to rashes, discoloration, infection, ingrown hair, and even acne thus causing underarm darkness.
Pigmentation or even discoloration is indeed a common complaint among both men as well as women and also requires home remedies for dark underarms or even cosmetic procedures to treat them. It is good to know exactly how to get rid of dark armpits.
For instance, hormonal imbalances, not shaving properly, repeated waxing, and acanthosis nigricans a skin ailment that reflects dark underarms and is common amongst those suffering from diabetes or obesity can cause darkening in the armpits. Armpit darkening can also be due to the use of deodorant or a few drugs. Underarm darkness can be embarrassing.
What Causes Dark Armpits?
Dark underarms are of course mainly caused by to extended use of harsh chemicals (bleach, hair-removing creams, deodorants, antiperspirants, etc.. Excessive as well as long-term shaving can also lead to skin pigmentation and darkening of the area. Pregnancy also causes pigmentation issues, although they clear up in a couple of months.
• People with deeper skin tones are more prone to auxiliary darkening or underarm darkening.
• Pregnancy and hormonal imbalances.
• Diabetes. Elevated insulin levels can cause a skin-darkening condition known as acanthosis nigricans
• Erythrasma, a chronic bacterial infection.
• Ingrown hair due to too much shaving.
How to get rid of dark underarms?
• Massaging the underarm area with almond oil for 5-10 minutes every day helps. Almonds do contain potent phytochemicals that tend to lighten and also brighten the dark underarm skin in a couple of applications. They are indeed natural bleaching agents. Also, the vitamin E present in it will rather keep a person rejuvenated.
• Rubbing the armpits with lemon each day at least for about 10 minutes prior to taking a bath. Lemon is indeed known for its bleaching properties that help in a safe way in order to achieve lightened skin.
• Using baking soda is a good idea. Baking soda does help to get rid of damaged skin cells thus causing dark armpits. In addition, it does help to unclog the skin pores. Apart from that, baking soda also helps to reduce body odor as it acts as a deodorant.
Natural Remedies to Brighten One’s Dark Underarms:
1. Tea Tree Oil: Diluting tea tree oil with water and also spraying it on one’s underarms to lighten them and keep them odor-free is a viable solution to lessen darkened underarms.
2. Lemon Juice: Lemon juice, considered to be a natural bleaching agent, can remove dead skin cells and also lighten the skin over time. Gently scrubbing one’s underarms with lemon slices and also rinsing off after 5-10 minutes.
3. Aloe Vera: Applying aloe vera gel to the underarms for its soothing and lightening properties is another way to deal with this health issue.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar: Mix apple cider vinegar with water and also apply it to one’s underarms to help lighten the skin.
5. Rosewater and Baking Soda: Creating a paste making use of rosewater and baking soda, and then applying it to one’s underarms, and rinse off after a few minutes.
6. Turmeric: Turmeric has indeed skin-lightening properties. Mix it with water or even yogurt and also apply it to one’s underarms.
7. Potato: Grate a potato, squeeze out its juice, and then apply it to one’s underarms. Rinse after 10 minutes.
8. Cucumber: Rub cucumber slices on the underarms to lighten the skin.
9. Fuller’s Earth (Multani Mitti): Make a paste with Fuller’s earth and water, apply it, and then wash it off when dry.
If wanting to get rid of dark armpits naturally, these home remedies can indeed help brighten the underarm area.