Why is it Important to Eat Fruits?
Fruits are good for health because they are naturally cholesterol free with low sodium,calories and fat.Eating fruits provides many health benefits.Daily including fruits in our diet. So here i have explained about few health benefits of fruits.
- Reduces the risk of some chronic diseases.
- Reduces the risk of heart diseases,heart attacks and strokes.
- Protects against certain types of cancers
Special Nutrients in Fruits
Fruits rich in potassium helps to maintain healthy blood pressure,reduces the risk of developing kidney stones and help to decrease bone loss.Fruit rich in potassium includes bananas, apricots and oranges.
- Fruits rich in dietary fiber
- helps in proper bowel function,helps to reduce constipation and diverticulosis.
- to reduce the blood cholesterol levels,
- reduces the risk of heart disease,obesity and Type 2 diabetes.
- provides a feeling of fullness with fewer calories.
3.Vitamin C,a powerful antioxidant helps to boost immunity, vital for growth and repair of all body tissues, helps heal cuts and wounds, and keeps teeth and gums healthy.
4.Folate (folic acid) helps the body in forming red blood cells.Pregnant women must consume adequate folate from foods because it reduces the risk of neural tube defects, spina bifida, and anencephaly during fetal development.
Photo credit: Zdenko Zivkovic / Foter / CC BY