A rash under the breasts is a very common problem. It is mainly a form of irritant dermatitis and is called intertrigo characterized by inflammation of the skin folds. Also read How To Get Rid Of A Rash Under Breasts
The most simple causes of breast skin rash are extreme heat, sweating, lack of air circulation & the wearing of the poorly fitted bra that rubs against the breasts. Thus, factors such as hot and humid climate and obesity contribute to this problem.
The condition may also be accompanied by yeasts or other types of fungal infections because the hot, humid environment causes the growth of germs.
Sometimes this may even be due to some kind of allergic reaction or breast tissue infection due to breastfeeding. It can cause red spots, burning, itching, dryness and great discomfort.
You can try some simple natural remedies to get relief from this problem. Also consult your doctor, especially if there are signs of infection.
Table of Contents
Top 6 ways to get rid of a rash under your breasts
1. Cold Compression
Cold compression can alleviate various of the symptoms like itching & burning sensation caused by rashes beneath the breasts.
- Wrap ice in a thin cotton towel and place it on the affected area for five to ten minutes. Take a break and repeat.
- Another option is to apply a compress of skimmed milk and cold water using equal parts of both ingredients to relieve the itching and reduce swelling.
- Also, try to bathe in cold water. This will help to close the pores of the skin, thus reducing sweating and the appearance of a rash.
The best method to treat the breast skin rash is to decrease the accumulation of the sweat encompassing the breast area.
- Place a thin cotton between the bottom of your breasts and skin underneath to absorb moisture and create a barrier. You can also use paper towels or soft towels.
- In addition, wear lightweight clothing, preferably cotton or natural fiber that helps absorb moisture and keep your body free from sweat.
Sometimes the chemical residue on your clothing can cause a breast skin rash. Vinegar can help solve this problem.
- Mix half a cup of white vinegar in half a bucket of warm water.
- Apply it to clean all the bra’s & dry them below direct sunlight.
- Another choice is to utilize apple cider vinegar to a irritated skin. Clean the infected area with mild soapy water, rinse with cold water and dry.
- Mix a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar in a cup of water and apply it on the affected area. Do it two or three times a day. If this causes interference, stop using it.
Corn flour is very effective in alleviating the itching and burning sensations associated with a breast rash. This helps to keep the skin dry. However, in the case of a rash, simply use talcum powder as a mushroom on cornstarch.
- Clean the affected skin with soap and water, then dry it with a towel.
- When the area is completely dry, slightly dust of cornstarch on it.
- Do this at least twice a day until you get rid of the problem altogether.
Note: Do not apply cornstarch to the moist or wet skin as this will increase the risk of fungal infection.
5. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil has a soothing and healing effect on the skin that helps relieve rashes. In addition, because of its oily nature, it will help reduce friction that will cause rashes under the breasts and also prevents infections, thanks to its antibacterial and antifungal properties.
Simply apply extra virgin coconut oil to the affected area and absorb it completely into the skin. Do this two or three times a day until the rash disappears.
6. Calamine Lotion
The calamine lotion can be used on a breast rash to relieve the itching and speed up the healing process. This will also help keep the area dry and thus reduce the risk of infection.
- Clean the affected skin with mild soap and warm water. Enter the area with a towel.
- Use a cotton ball to gently apply scale lotion.
- Repeat several times a day.