Do you like the taste of garlic in your food, but do you hate the persistent odor? Know about How to eliminate the smell of garlic from your breath and your hands.
Garlic produces cysteine sulphate, which gives it distinct odor and taste. These sulfur compounds are similar to compounds produced by bacteria that cause bad breath.
The worst thing is that the smell of garlic can stay in your lungs for 24 to 48 hours after you have consumed it. Also, your hands can smell garlic if you have prepared the food.
But as garlic has many nutritional and medicinal properties, you can not just stop eating garlic. Garlic is an excellent source of magnesium, vitamins B6 & C and selenium. It also has antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant properties and many other medicinal properties.
Fortunately, there are several simple ways to avoid or solve the problem of the persistent odor of garlic.
Here are the 10 best ways to eliminate the smell of garlic through your breath and your hands.
Table of Contents
Apples contain oxidizing enzymes, which is why they change color when cut and left exposed to air for a certain time. These same enzymes can help neutralize the smell of garlic and get rid of the garlic breathing.
In addition, phenolic compounds in apples help to destroy the volatile compounds with garlic that cause the persistent odor.
- When you have a garlic breath, eat an apple to get rid of it.
- In addition, drinking a glass of fresh apple juice will do.
Milk is another natural ingredient that offers a very simple way to neutralize the garlic souffle.
According to this study, whole fat and whole milk reduced the concentration of volatile compounds emitting garlic odors in the nose and mouth. Due to its higher fat content, whole milk has proven to be more effective.
Simply sip a glass of milk to effectively reduce the inhalation of garlic.
3. Mint Leaves
Mint leaves have a significant deodorizing effect on volatile garlic compounds.
Chlorophyll in mint can help mask the odor of garlic. In addition, it has mild antiseptic properties that help reduce bad breath caused by bacteria.
- Mix fresh mint leaves and you will get fresh breath.
- Drink soothing mint tea to fight against garlic breathing. To make tea, add 1 tablespoon crushed mint leaves to 1 cup of hot water. Cover and leave it stiff for 10 minutes, then soak it. Add some honey before drinking.
- Break the mint with your hands and rub the mint juice on your hands to get rid of the smell of garlic on your hands.
Just like mint, parsley is another herb that can successfully combat the breathing of garlic and help to eliminate any smell on your hands. Chlorophyll senses odors & benefits you feel fresh.
Chew the sprig of parsley after consuming food containing the good amount of garlic.
- Put a handful of parsley coarsely chopped in 2 cups of water.
- Add 2 or 3 whole cloves and boil water for 5 minutes. Transform it and let it cool before drinking this anti-odor parsley tea.
- Rub leaves of parsley or juice into your hands, then wash them to get rid of the garlic smell.
5. Stainless Steel
This may sound strange but using stainless steel is one of the best ways to combat the smell of garlic on your hands as well as in your mouth.
When your skin comes into contact with an iron object, the perspiration of the skin causes two iron atoms. The atoms then react with oil in the skin, which causes them to decompose, thereby neutralizing the odor.
Rub your hands against a stainless steel surface for a few minutes, then rinse your hands with water and note that the odor has disappeared.
For the bad breath, run the small stainless steel object (so as the spoon) all about the mouth, comprising on all the tongue & sides. Then rinse the mouth with water.
Another good ingredient in cooking to treat the smell of garlic is the lemon.
The lemon has citric acid which can neutralize the enzymes produced by the garlic and therefore get rid of the persistent odor of garlic. In addition, it helps to lower the pH level of the skin, making it difficult for compounds producing odors to remain in the body.
- Add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice to 1 cup of water and mix well.
- Use this solution to thoroughly rinse your mouth to reduce the odor of garlic.
- Taste a glass of freshly-made lemon water after eating food that has a strong garlic flavor.
- For your hands, rub a lemon peel or a lemon juice over them to get the smell of garlic.