There is nothing that tests your patience more than trying to develop your hair. Constant maintenance with regular fillings, hair masks, and deep conditioning treatments is not something anyone can register. Let me try to figure out what to do and not to put in your hair. One thing that makes this task easier for me is to use natural ingredients that do not chemically harm my hair. Read more about Steps To Use Shikakai For Hair Growth
Shikakai, also known as hair fruit, has been used as a hair ingredient for centuries. Ayurvedic herb is often used as a replacement for shampoo because of its excellent cleaning properties.
Popularly found in central India, Shikakai is also rich in antioxidants and vitamins A, C, K, and D, which help to nourish the hair and keep its health. The fruit is readily available, especially in powder form. Here’s how this can help stimulate hair growth.
Benefits Of Shikakai For Hair Growth
1. Soothes your scalp
A healthy scalp is literally the foundation for healthy hair growth. Shikakai can soothe an inflamed scalp with its antiseptic cooling properties, restoring its health. This also helps to maintain the optimal pH of your scalp.
2. Fight against dandruff
Shikakai also has antifungal properties that help to curb dandruff. This avoids problems like follicle-clogging and aggravation, leading to unhindered hair growth. It also effectively treats drought and itching.
3. Nourish your follicles
Shikakai is an excellent source of essential vitamins. Its vitamin C content, in particular, helps promote hair growth by giving your scalp an increase in collagen. It is also an excellent source of antioxidants that help prevent free radical damage.
4. Cleans your hair
Shikakai is a mild natural cleanser. Which means it cleans your hair without removing natural oils. This not only keeps your hair clean but also keeps your hair conditioned.
5. Add Shine
Shikakai helps add shine to your hair while making it much easier to manage. If you have a tangling problem, it would be wise to include this ingredient in your hair care routine.
6. Prevents gray
The use of shikakai can help to postpone the process of graying your hair. It also effectively addresses issues such as premature graying. Washing hair with Shikakai before dying, this will also allow your hair to absorb the dye better.
7. Hair loss
Shikakai helps to curb hair loss by restoring the health of the scalp. It effectively treats problems such as the aggravated scalp, follicle clogging, dandruff, and itching. In many cases, hair loss is as simple as restoring the health of the scalp.
8. Prevents lice
There is nothing more annoying than head lice. Especially when you have children, who are much more sensitive to them. Shikakai is a natural solution to a head lice problem; not only brakes the problem but also retains head lice with regular use.
Steps To Use Shikakai For Hair Growth
1. Shikakai Shampoo With Amla & Reetha
Shikakai pods: 10g
Water: 750 ml
(One can also use the powdered forms of these ingredients.)
- Soak the ingredients in 750 ml of water overnight.
- In the morning, boil the water with the ingredients until the pods soften completely.
- Let the water cool, then mix the ingredients together. Transform the liquid and store it in a bottle of shampoo.
- Rinse your hair with water and use the Shikakai solution instead of your regular shampoo.
- You could wash your hair twice with the shampoo to make it lather. (Unlike shampoos purchased in stores, this will not mix much).
- When a mild foam appears, it means your hair is clean and can be rinsed.
2 to 3 times a week.
How does It work?
Shikakai is an inexpensive and healthy alternative to using shampoos purchased by stores that are loaded with harsh chemicals. This natural shampoo helps nourish the scalp with nutrients like Vitamin D and C while cleansing it.
2. Shikakai & Curd Hair Mask
Shikakai powder: 2 tbsp
Curd : 2-3 tbsp
Vitamin E oil (optional) : 2 to 3 drops
- Mix the two ingredients together to obtain a smooth dough with a thick consistency. As an option, you can add a few drops of Vitamin E oil to the mixture for extra conditioning and protection from damage.
- Apply this mask on your hair, making it run in the roots up to the tip of your hair.
- Once your scalp and hair are completely covered in the mask, cover your hair with a shower cap to avoid a mess. Wait 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes of passing, rinse the hair mask with fresh water and a shampoo without mild sulfate. If you have greasy hair, you can ignore the conditioning.
1 to 2 times per week.
How does it Work?
Shikakai, in combination with curd, will help soothe your scalp from any inflammation or aggravation. It will also effectively treat problems like dandruff and scales while nourishing your hair.
3. Shikakai And Egg
Amla powder: 2 tsp
Shikakai powder: 2 tsp
Fenugreek powder: 2 tsp
Triphala powder: 2 tsp
Brahmi powder: 2 tsp
whole eggs : 2
- Whisk all the ingredients together in a bowl until you get a smooth mixture.
- Apply this mask to your hair, working it in from the roots to the tips of your hair.
- Once your scalp and hair are completely covered in the mask, cover your hair with a shower cap to avoid a mess. Wait for 40 minutes.
- After 20 minutes have passed, proceed to rinse out the hair mask with cool water and a mild sulfate-free shampoo. Do not use warm water as this may “cook” the egg.
- Finish with conditioner.
Once per week.
How does it Work?
This is one of the most nutritious hair packages you could use. It is fed by egg proteins and ayurvedic ingredients that improve hair health. Using this pack once a week will ensure that your hair grows to be strong and healthy. It is also a brilliant remedy for hair loss.