Banana Almond Kheer / Payasam
Banana Almond kheer:
Banana Almond Kheer is one of rich & healthy drink or dessert, which is very easy to make. It has high nutritional value, as almonds reduce our cholesterol and enhances immunity.
In this Banana Almond Kheer recipe pureed almonds & bananas are cooked along with the sugar and milk, where cardamom, saffron & finely chopped pistachios adds taste and color to this delicious drink.
If you like almonds you should try this combination, it was tasty & we enjoyed it..!
Ingredients to prepare Banana Almond Kheer:
- Almonds/ Badam – 15 to 20
- Ripe Banana – 1 or 2
- Full cream Milk – 500 ml
- Sugar – 5 tbsp
- Cardamom pwd – ¼ tsp
- Saffron strands – a few
- Almond, Cashew, Pistachios – for garnishing
Method to prepare Banana Almond Kheer:
- Wash & soak Almonds in the warm water for 30 mins.
- Peel off skin and keep ready.
- Heat 1 cup of water in a thick bottomed vessel.
- Slice banana to thin slices & add to water.
- Allow to boil, till banana is cooked well.
- Meanwhile, heat full-cream milk in simmer, until it reduces to ¾ of amount.
- Add cooked banana, sugar, cardamom powder and stir well.
- Make a paste of almonds in a blender with little milk.
- Add this paste to boiling milk with banana.
- Stir it and allow to boil for a minute.
- Remove from the heat.
- Keep it to cool in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Garnish it with saffron and finely chopped pistachios, cashew, almonds.
- Serve cold dessert in serving bowl.
you may like to read