Joint pain can cause much discomfort. Sudden joint pain causes need to be given much care. Joint pain vitamins can be had to get the required relief.
Much attention needs to be paid to joints as well. But the complex machinery of one’s body much depends on these tiny cogs to move, bend, as well as turn. Joint pain happens to be a common problem but it can disrupt one’s normal life. Knees are especially vulnerable. Sudden joint pain causes also need to be taken care of.
Joint pain can be due to infections – bone or joint; overexertion strain, or injuries; and, often, arthritis – be it osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, or gout.1 It is important to investigate and address the underlying cause of one’s pain.
Table of Contents
1. Dab on Some Ginger, Chamomile, or Clove Essential Oil
Several essential oils such as birch, ginger, chamomile, cloves, and nutmeg do relieve pain. Dilute a couple of drops in a carrier oil such as grapeseed or almond oil and then apply to the affected joint. It is also possible to make use of a combination of these oils for pain relief. Do not apply essential oils on broken skin. Some essential oils such as clove oil are extremely potent and can also irritate the skin. Joint pain vitamins do help.
2. Exercise to Banish Joint Pain
Lack of sufficient exercise can also cause pain and stiffness in the joints. By exercising the joints, it is possible to nourish the joints, make the muscles stronger, and improve flexibility, balance, and circulation.
Some sort of exercise is especially beneficial if the pain is triggered by arthritis. Swimming, walking, low impact aerobics, strength training, tai chi, yoga, or even dancing can indeed help with mobility, strength, as well as cardiovascular fitness. Warm water exercises (hydrotherapy) are useful as the water does support the body and provides resistance that builds endurance as well as muscle strength. A hydrotherapist or physiotherapist can help develop a suitable exercise routine. Joint pain symptoms need to be taken care of. Joint pain symptoms cannot be ignored.
3. Try Acupuncture
Acupuncture is useful for osteoarthritis. Acupuncture is based on the traditional Chinese theory that a life force (Qi) flows through the body along pathways known as meridians and that blockages in the flow of this energy cause disease. Stimulating specific points (acupuncture points) on the body by inserting fine needles is supposed to remove these blockages.
4. Give Herbal Remedies Like Devi’s Claw And Willow Bark A Shot
· Devil’s Claw, a tuber vegetable native to Africa, can be used to treat arthritis as well as the resulting joint pain. It does contain the iridoid glycoside harpagoside which can help improve stiffness, pain, and physical function.
· Seed Oils of evening primrose, borage seed, and black currant seed can no doubt help reduce pain.
· Cat’s Claw has been much in use from ages ago for treating chronic inflammation. It has antioxidant properties and inhibits a protein associated with inflammation.
· Willow Bark has pain-relieving properties known to the ancient Greeks, Egyptians, and Indians. It helps treat osteoarthritis.
· Stinging Nettles have been used to reduce pain from rheumatism.
5. Turn to Ayurveda Remedies and Routines
- The juice of Guduchi (an ounce twice daily) with 10 gm of dry ginger powder is beneficial.
- Guggulu, a gum resin from the Cumifora Mukul tree has anti-inflammatory and anti-arthritic properties and is useful for treating joint pain.
- Based on Ayurveda when food is not properly digested it does become a toxic substance known as ama which can cause pain and swelling in the joints. Diet, therefore, does play an important part in the treatment of joint pain. Ayurveda does recommend a diet of light gruel or fasting while a person is suffering from joint pain. Pulses (except for a green gram) and sour things such as curd needs to be avoided as well as cold or fried things.
- For arthritis-related pain, applying a cold pack for a minute is advisable followed by warm water soak for three minutes for relief. Massaging the affected part with medicated oils such as sahacharadi or mahanarayana taila is also good.