Summer means fun, frolic and no doubt happy moments. Women simply love to wear summery dresses and look their best in floral attire.
At the same time, one has to take good care of one’s skin as during summer one tends to suffer from dry skin.
The high levels of moisture and humidity levels to help in lessening the dryness in order to prevent the peeling or cracking of the dry skin. The dirt, grime, UV rays and pollution does make the skin dull and this needs to be avoided at any cost. One has to protect one’s skin from sun rays as it could lead to ugly wrinkles.
Homemade Face Packs for Dry Skin in Summer:
Homemade packs are good to ensure that one’s skin does not become dry in summers.
1. Papaya Face Pack
Papaya is indeed a natural exfoliator which does indeed remove the dead cells that do cause aging. They also contain anti-aging properties too and balance moisture content in dry skin.
How to Make Papaya Face Pack?
• Mash up a few pieces of papaya in order to form a smooth paste
• Apply the paste on one’s face evenly. Take some big pieces of cotton and place them over the pack in order to prevent the paste from dripping
• Relax for about 15 minutes. Wash off with some plain water
• Mix mashed 1/4 cup freshly mashed raw papaya as well as 1 teaspoon fresh, raw pineapple juice for a mask that does reduce pore size.
• For an exfoliating mask – Blend the papaya with warmed honey as well as oatmeal, and leave it on for 10 -15 mins.
• To lighten up the skin, one has to mash papaya and then mix it with honey, yogurt and lemon juice
2. Yogurt Face Pack
Yogurt does retain the moisture in the skin and also revives dull skin. It also acts as natural bleach. Honey does moisturize and also softens the skin naturally.
Things Needed For Yogurt Face Pack:
How to Prepare the Yogurt Face Pack?
• Mix 2 teaspoons of yogurt with about 1 teaspoon of honey
• Apply it to on one’s face and then allow it to dry completely
• Wash it off with normal water
• Mix 2 very ripe strawberries, 1 tsp raw honey and 1 tsp yogurt for a very skin brightening mask
• Mix 1 tsp yogurt, 1 tsp olive oil and ¼ avocado for moisturizer as well as a hydrating mask
3. Sandalwood Face Pack
Sandalwood does indeed cool the skin while rose water tones it up. This is accepted as the best face pack for dry skin in summer.
Things Needed For Sandalwood Face Pack
• Sandalwood powder
How to Make Sandalwood Face Pack?
• Mix 3 teaspoons of sandalwood powder with some rose water
• Apply the paste evenly on your face
• Wash it off after 15 minutes
• Reducing Acne/Blackheads – Mix 2 tsp each of turmeric powder cum sandalwood powder with warm water. Make a paste and apply this on the blackhead prone areas and let it dry. Rinse off.
4. Oats and Cucumber Face Mask
Oats do indeed soothe and heal dry skin. Cucumber is a natural toner with cooling properties.
Things Needed For Oats and Cucumber Face Mask
• Cucumber juice
How to Make Oats cum Cucumber Face Mask?
• Mix 3 teaspoons of oats, 1 teaspoon of cucumber juice as well as 1 teaspoon of yogurt together
• Apply this paste to your face and allow to dry completely
• Wash off with some normal water
• Blend the yogurt and cucumber. Add honey as well as oats to make a thick paste. Apply and lather rinse off with warm water in 20 minutes. This is good for black spots and puffiness.
5. Almonds and Rose Water Face Mask
This royal face pack does wonders for dry skin. Almonds do have natural vitamin E oil that does prevent dryness.
Things needed for Almond and Rose Water Face Mask
How to Prepare Almonds and Rose Water Face Mask?
• Soak about 10 almonds overnight and then grind them into a smooth paste.
• Add lit some rose water to the content.
• Apply it on one’s face.
• Wash off with normal water.
• For a fresh as well as glowing complexion one can use this mask. Mix together 2 teaspoons of rose water, 2 tablespoons of honey, 2 tablespoon of almond oil and 3 drops of Vitamin E oil. Apply and then leave it on for 20 minutes. Rinse off with some warm water and pat dry
One must take care of one’s skin in summer. Face packs do help.