Coronavirus in India is spreading rapidly, similar to other countries across the world. Types of Coronavirus need to be tackled. Coronavirus treatment is being investigated.
Covid- 19 known as coronavirus is rapidly spreading. Many are falling prey to it. What is there to know about this rapidly spreading virus?
1. COVID-19 is changing rapidly
The number of people infected by the disease does continue to change every day. While the impact of the disease doe varies by location, there are now more confirmed cases of people with COVID-19 across the world.
COVID-19 happens to be the first pandemic that is known to be caused by the emergence of a new coronavirus—novel influenza viruses.
2. Strict measures are critical for slowing the spread of the disease
Public health efforts have been trying to “flatten the curve.” Flattening the curve implies fewer patients during that period, and hospitals would indeed be better able to manage the demands of patients who are sick with COVID-19 and other illnesses.
One needs to take care of oneself to prevent a person from getting the flu. Sneezing, touch doorknobs are risk factors. Washing hands before eating and touching the face, and after going to the bathroom are good measures to adopt.
Following preventive measure need to be considered:
- Wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Dry them thoroughly with an air dryer or clean towel. If soap is not available make use of a sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Stay home if one is sick.
- Avoid touching nose, eyes, and mouth. Make use of a tissue to cover a cough or sneeze, then dispose of it in the trash.
- Use a household wipe or spray to disinfect doorknobs, light switches, desks, keyboards, sinks, toilets, cell phones, and other objects and surfaces that are frequently touched.
- Create a household plan of action in case someone in the house gets sick with COVID-19.
- Plan visits with friends and family outdoors if possible and maintain social distance if meeting indoors.
- If moving out in public, use a cloth face covering to wear over the nose and mouth, tissues, and a hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol, if possible. Avoid those people who do not wear cloth face coverings. Always wear a face mask in public settings where other social distancing measures are indeed difficult to maintain.
3. Experts are working rapidly to find solutions
Widely available testing is important in understanding the transmission of the disease. Coronavirus in India is also a health issue that is causing much worry to the public.
Several existing medicines are being suggested as potential investigational therapies for COVID-19.
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
Most people do tend to suffer from mild illness and can also recover at home without medical care. It is important to seek medical attention immediately if a person. Usually, warning signs, do include difficulty breathing, persistent pain or pressure in the chest, new confusion or ability to arouse, or bluish lips or face.
Efforts are on to find vaccines as part of Coronavirus treatment. Studies do show that some people have no symptoms or have symptoms so mild (like loss of smell) they may go undetected. Even those who eventually develop symptoms can indeed transmit the virus to others before showing symptoms. In fact, the more people interact with each other, the more closely a person interacts with them, and the longer the interaction, the higher the risk of getting and spreading COVID-19. Types of coronavirus have to be tackled.