One is keen to look good and that too with products that are ‘chemical-free’ and very effective beauty doing wonders overnight. One gets fed up with artificial make-up products which can damage the skin.
In India, one does come across many natural products which have no side-effects.
Ancient Indian Women Beauty Products
This is a much-sacred plant, each and every part of neem tree is beneficial in some or the other way.
Neem Beauty Benefits
Can Treat Acne
• Take a few neem leaves and also boil them in water.
• Dip a cotton ball into the water and then evenly rub it over one’s face.
• You can also use a neem-yogurt or neem-cucumber face pack to reduce the oiliness of one’s face.
Can Treat Dry Skin
• Take little amount of neem powder and add a few drops of grapeseed oil.
• Apply this paste to one’s face and leave it undisturbed for 15 minutes.
• Wash with cold water.
Can Take Care of Hair Troubles
• Massage one’s hair roots with neem oil.
• For controlling dandruff, mix some neem powder with water and apply to one’s hair. Leave it for one hour and then shampoo one’s hair.
This might be one of the most expensive spices. But believe me, it is totally worth it. Saffron is also known widely to improve one’s complexion.
Saffron Beauty Benefits
Can Help Remove One’s Tan
• Take some saffron and then soak it in malai or milk cream overnight.
• Blend the contents in the morning and then apply on the tanned area.
Can Help Tone the Skin
• Take the necessary amount of rose water and mix it with saffron (till the rose water indeed gets the color of saffron).
• Use a cotton ball in order to dip in the solution and dab on one’s face.
Can Help Brighten The Skin
• Take a few strands of saffron as well as soak them in milk for about 30 minutes.
• Take a teaspoon of sandalwood powder and also add to the mixture.
• Apply the pack on one’s face and leave it undisturbed for 15-20 minutes. And then wash it off.
Honey is the favorite item of all and sundry. These are easily available, delicious and inexpensive. Honey is also known for its excellent hydrating properties.
Honey Beauty Benefits
Can Cure Burn Scars
• You can apply raw honey to a burn scar, as honey has antiseptic and healing properties.
• Applying honey on a burn regularly can indeed produce less scarring than usual.
Can Give a Flawless Skin
• Mix honey with malai, Chandan, besan and rose oil to form a face mask.
• Apply the mask on one’s face and neck.
• Leave the mask to dry and peel it off after some time. This does remove any impurities on the face and also does make the facial skin soft and smooth.
Also known as gooseberry, Amla is a rich source of vitamin C.
Amla Beauty Benefits
Can Help Reduce Hair Fall
• Take 2 teaspoons of amla powder or juice.
• Squeeze an equal amount of juice from a fresh lime.
• Mix well and apply to the scalp.
• Leave it to dry and rinse with warm water.
Can Help Nourish Hair
• Take amla, soapnut (reetha) and shikakai in an iron vessel and boil.
• Keep it aside overnight.
• Next day strains the liquid and then shampoo with it.
5. Multani Mitti
Also known as Fuller’s Earth, Multani mitti is considered as one of the best ancient beauty product. It is popular as a natural scrubber and cleanser. It is available in almost all homes.
Multani Mitti Beauty Benefits
Can Help Remove Pimple Marks
• Take required amount of Multani mitti and mix it with some fresh tomato juice.
• To this, add a pinch of turmeric and sandalwood powder and apply on one’s face.
Can Help Remove Dark Spots
• Add some mint leaves and yogurt to Multani mitti.
• Mix to form a paste.
• Apply it on the dark spots.
• Leave it for half an hour and then rinse with lukewarm water.
This is a part and parcel of Indian culture.
Turmeric Beauty Benefits
Can Reduce Stretch Marks
• Mix turmeric with besan and yogurt.
• Apply on the stretch marks.
• The properties in turmeric do help lighten the stretch marks.
Can Reduce Wrinkles
• Take rice powder, raw milk, and tomato juice.
• Mix them with turmeric to form a paste.
• Apply the paste and leave it undisturbed till it actually dries.
Can Treat Cracked Heels
• Mix coconut oil or castor oil with some turmeric.
• Before taking bath apply this mixture to one’s cracked heels and leave it for 15 minutes.
This may be rather expensive; sandalwood possesses antiseptic properties and does also help blood circulation under one’s skin.
Sandalwood Beauty Benefits
Provides A Clear Looking Skin
• Take finely powdered almonds and then mix them with sandalwood (Chandan).
• Add some raw milk to this mixture.
• Apply to face, and even to arms and legs before one’s bath.
Can Give You Glowing Skin
• Mix sandalwood with raw milk.
• Apply the mixture onto one’s face and leave it undisturbed for 20 minutes.
• Wash it off with water.
An astringent herb, this is indeed grown in almost every household and is also one of the best natural beauty products.
Tulsi Beauty Benefits
Can Treat Acne As well As Nourish One’s Face
• Take some tulsi leaves and then blend them into a paste.
• Add some milk to the paste and go ahead and apply it to one’s face.
Can Help Whiten Your Teeth
• Take a few tulsi leaves.
• Dry and powder them.
• Add orange peel and then make it into a paste.
• Rub the paste on one’s teeth.
On account of it having zinc, it makes the curd a favorite when it comes to enhancing beauty.
Beauty Benefits of Curd
Can Help Get Rid Of Dry Hair in Winters
• Take 2 beaten eggs and also 2 tablespoons of almond oil.
• Mix these with half a cup of curd.
• Apply the paste to scalp as well as one’s hair and cover one’s head with a plastic cap. This does nourish one’s hair.
• Leave it for 30 minutes and then wash with shampoo.
Can Help Make One’s Hair Silky
• Take lemon juice, eggs, and honey and make a rich paste.
• Mix the paste with curd and apply to one’s hair.
• Wash one’s hair after 30 minutes.
Also called gram flour, this is a common name in every Indian household and holds the cure for many beauty ailments.
Beauty Benefits of Besan
Can Help Cure Blemishes
• Take required amount of cucumber juice and mix it with besan.
• Apply this mixture on the affected area.
• Keep it for 20 minutes and then wash it off.
Can Help Brighten Your Skin
• Take 4 – 5 powdered almonds, lemon juice and 1 teaspoon of milk.
• Mix all these with besan to form a paste.
• Apply it to one’s face and also keep it for 30 minutes before washing.
Beautiful skin, as well as gorgeous hair, is not an impossible deal. All this can be easily achieved right from the comfort of one’s kitchen.