Ring worm is a skin infection caused due to fungus called as Dermatophytes. Many species of Dermatophytes are identified that cause skin infections. The name “Ring worm” is coined due to the formation of a circular ring like structure at the infection. They are parasitic fungus feeding on keratin present in human, cattle, sheep and cats. Keratin is present in nails, hair and skin. It resides on moist skin and hair. This infection can be transmitted between animals and humans called as zoonotic disease.
Signs and symptoms
- Infection prevails usually in moist areas and closed areas.
- Dry, brittle hair or hair loss in patches.
- It forms red halo like structure.
- It’s itchy and irritating in nature.
- Infection of feet is caused in sports person commonly called as athlete’s foot.
- During winter elevation of this infection is seen, quite common in cold and moist areas.
Ring worm treatment
- Antifungal creams or powder is used, which is applied on the infection. Antifungal agents include miconazole, terbinafine, clotrimazole, ketoconazole, or tolnaftate. These creams are advised to apply after washing the infection and applying on it daily twice for a period of 1-2 weeks or until it disappears.
- In severe conditions oral medication is administrated.
- In order to prevent the infection from spreading to other parts it is advised not to touch the infection, if touched hands should be washed with antiseptic soap.
- Avoid contact with infected persons
- Keep the body clean and dry
- If sweating is present apply antiperspirant powder
- Avoid sharing clothes, shoes etc.
- Simple Tips To Wash Off The Oil On Your ScalpSimple Tips To Wash Off The Oil On Your Scalp
#simpletips #washoff #oil #saclp #oliveoil #coconutoil
All of us know how to wash hair but do you know how to get rid of oily hair. An oily […]
- Psoriasis is a skin problemPsoriasis is a skin problem that appears on skin in white or red patches. It is a chronic skin problem which is caused due to the excess skin growth that forms thick patches called […]
- Scabies- a contagious skin infectionScabies is a skin infection caused due a mite called as Sarcoptes scabiei. Scabies causes severe itching, due to the severe itching people scratch which becomes red and bruises […]
- Vitiligo – A pigment disorder of skinVitiligo - A pigment disorder of skin
#melanin #melanocyte #pigment #skin #vitiligo
Vitiligo is a skin pigment disorder in which melanin pigment is absent therefore white patches develop […]
- How to Get Rid of DandruffDandruff will be the result of a dry scalp, or a skin condition called seborrheic dermatitis. It could also cause by eczema, psoriasis, or, very commonly, an overgrowth of yeast like a […]
- Chicken Pox Infection and TreatmentChicken pox is a highly contagious skin infection. It is caused due to virus called varicella-zoster of the herpes family virus
It mostly infects young children under 12, it may also […]
- Affect of Crash Diets To Your SkinAffect of Crash Diets To Your Skin
You might love dieting because it might makes you slimmer. But what about the quality of the skin? Does crash diet affect skin? Yes, […]
- Side Effects Of DandruffSide Effects Of Dandruff
You might have frequently noticed white powdery substances dotted everywhere on the hair or shoulders. This is nothing but dandruff. Medical science considers it […]
- Benefits Of Caffeine For SkinMost of us would be surprised to know that there are benefits of caffeine for skin. In fact, it is one of the ingredients of many skin care products which explains that it has its own role […]