How To Fight Back Acne
Having acne is a nightmare for any teenager! Most people get rid of acne as they age but adult acne (acne in the late 20s) also exists. No matter what the age, acne is something which is greatly abhorred by everyone.
Though acne is a common dermatological condition, the exact cause is yet to be determined. Hormonal changes at puberty and pregnancy are known to contribute to the development of acne. The good news is that acne can be successfully treated with a combination of remedies!
Read on to know more about the condition and what you can do about it and how to fight back acne so as to get a better skin.
Types of Acne
Acne is categorized into 2 types based upon the characterization of its appearance.
- Inflammatory Acne – Characterized by Pimples
- Non-inflammatory acne – Characterized by blackheads and whiteheads
Known Causes of Acne
A variety of physical, emotional and environmental factors can contribute to the development of acne or aggravate the condition. These include –
- Exposure to humidity and dirt
- Hormonal Imbalance
- Stress and Anxiety
- Premenstrual changes and Menopause
- Oil based Cosmetics
- Antiseizure and corticosteroid Medications etc
Measures to prevent Acne
Many preventive measures can be employed to prevent acne or to prevent the aggravation of acne. Follow the below given preventive measures to improve your acne-prove skin condition
- First rule of acne prevention – Never squeeze or pop or pick your pimples! Doing this will lead to scarring which looks equally worse.
- Cleanse your skin twice a day. Use a gentle cleanser suiting to your skin type.
- Never scrub while you cleanse
- Always cleanse after you sweat
- Use sunscreen daily, even on cloudy days!
- Make sure you are using oil free skin and hair care products
- Use oil free and non-comedogenic ( the ones which do not block your skin pores) make-up
Foods you should avoid
Some foods can trigger acne breakouts. You should keep an inventory of the foods which you think might be the reason for the breakouts you experience. The following foods are some of the common triggers of acne
- Spicy foods
- Fast foods (mailny because they’re oily and greasy)
- Dairy products
- Potato chips, French fries and Pizza ( Yes! Might sound surprising, but true)
Treatment for Acne
Many medications are available to control and prevent acne. But it is very important to discuss it with your dermatologist before using/undergoing any. Some of the commonly used medications and procedures for treating acne include –
- Antibiotic pills
- Using Birth control pills
- Laser therapies – PDT or light therapy
- Vacuum therapy
If you choose to get your acne problem treated through prescription medications, be sure to follow all the given instructions. It is equally important for your dermatologist to know what all other medications you use before prescribing one for acne. Do your part by following all the preventive measures and avoiding foods that trigger acne to get that clear skin.
The above article is about How to fight back acne.
Image Source :- locateadoc.com