Mango mastani recipe with step by step procedure – thick mango milk shake with ice cream.
Mastani is a dessert drink which originated in pune and is very popular. Basically mastani is a thick milk shake with the ice cream. Let us discuss about Mango mastani recipe -how to prepare mango mastani recipe
Ingredients to prepare Mango mastani recipe
(measuring cup used, 1 cup = 250 ml)
- Three large mangoes or 700 – 750 grams alphonso mangoes or kesar mangoes, or 3 – 3.5 cups chopped mangoes or 3 – 3.5 cups thick mango puree or pulp
- full cream chilled milk : 1.5 cups, 375 ml
- sugar : 2 to 3 tbsp or add as required
- pistachios sliced : 6 to 7 or chopped
- cashews sliced : 6 to 7 or chopped
- almonds : 6 – 7, sliced or chopped
- vanilla ice cream or mango ice cream : 4 to 8 scoops
- cherries for decoration : 4 to 6 glazed (optional)
- ice cubes : 4 to 6 (optional)
Methos to prepare Mango mastani recipe
- Slice a few dry fruits like pistachios, almonds and cashews. keep them aside with 4 – 5 glazed cherries.
- Peel, chop three large mangoes and add them to the blender.
- Reserve a few chopped mangoes aside for topping the mastani drink later.
- Add 2 – 3 tbsp sugar. Add 1.5 cups full cream milk.
- Blend to a smooth thick milkshake. taste and if the sugar is less, then you can add more. if the mangoes are very sweet, you can completely skip the sugar.
- Pour this thick mango milkshake in glasses till you have enough space at top for ice cream scoops.
- Place 1 or 2 vanilla or mango ice cream scoops.
- Top with the sliced dry fruits and chopped mangoes. garnish with the glazed cherries.
- Serve mango mastani immediately with a spoon as well as straw.