Everyone like the potatoes. And to know why we have to eat potatoes and its health benefits are mentioned. Here we have explained about 9 amazing facts about potatoes.
- Potato is the starchy vegetable, low in Saturated Fat, Cholesterol and Sodium with a good source of carbohydrates. It is also rich in Vitamin C, Vitamin B6, Potassium and Manganese.
- Potato helps to enjoy sound sleep. Eating small amount of baked potatoes daily helps to treat insomnia.
- Potato contains both the soluble and insoluble fiber. It prevents constipation, ease digestion and reduces the LDL cholesterol.
4. Potato is rich in vitamin C. Regular consumption of foods rich in the vitamin-C helps body to develop resistance against infectious agents and scavenge harmful, pro-inflammatory free radicals.It helps to prevent from Scurvy, effective remedy for inflammation,reduces the risk of heart disease and cancer.
5.Potato is good for the health and it is fat free when it is consumed by baking, steaming or boiling.
6.Potatoes contain high carbohydrates which are extremely filling. Eating potatoes helps to calm a queasy stomach.It gives full of energy and keeps us active.
7.Vitamins and minerals in potatoes aids in skin care.Vitamin-C, B-complex and minerals like potassium, magnesium, phosphorus and zinc are good source for the skin care.
8.Potassium in Potato helps to control high blood pressure and it is important for healthy nerve and muscle performance.
9.Aids in Weight reduction.
Photo credit: su-lin / Foter / CC BY-NC-ND
You may like to read :
Fibre-rich baby potatoes healthy recipe with skin
Fried Potato Balls recipe
Ways to include sweet potatoes in the diet
- Health benefits of BeansHealth benefits of Beans
Beans an excellant source of Dietary Fiber, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Folate and Manganese.It is a healthy vegetable for everyone and its regular […]
- 5 Foods Not To Eat Before Workout5 Foods Not To Eat Before Workout
#foodstoavoidbeforeworkouts #exercise #weightlose #fitnesstips
Baffled about what to eat & what not to eat before and after the workout? You cannot […]
- Health benefits of vegetablesHealth benefits of vegetablesEating vegetables provides health benefits – people who eat more vegetables and fruits as part of an overall healthy diet are likely to have a reduced risk of […]
- Ways to include sweet potatoes in the dietRemember the times when potatoes saved as you ran out of an ideas in the kitchen. In the same way sweet potatoes can help when wish to be creative with a limited items at hand. Sweet […]
- 10 Amazing Health Benefits Of Fava Beans10 Amazing Health Benefits Of Fava Beans
Have you ever surprised how beneficial fava beans are? And do you know that they can be consumed without having to worry about the weight gain? It […]
- 10 Hidden Health Benefits of Capsicum or bell peppers10 Hidden health Benefits of Capsicum or bell peppers
Capsicum is popularly available in red,green and yellow color.It is also known as bell Pepper.It is the best vegetable for weight […]
- Foods Having More Vitamin C Than OrangesFoods Having More Vitamin C Than Oranges
Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant. It prevents us from cancer and removes all toxins accumulated in the body. It is a healing vitamin and must […]
- Health benefits of boiled vegetablesEating boiled vegetables is final option. It might favor when whole lot of fried and spicy foods are on the platter. Though, eating of boiled vegetables at least once for a day bequeath […]
- Medicinal uses of pineapple fruitPineapple has fully packed with many nutrients. It is the excellent sources of vitamin C. A cup of fresh pineapple pieces contain sufficient vitamin C to meet your complete daily […]